How to Register and Become A Certified Factory
1. Fill-out an online application here .
· After filling out an on-line application, the Facility Contact will receive an email confirming that the application was received. This email will provide a facility WRAP ID number in the subject header, which will be the same WRAP reference number every year. You can use this WRAP ID and a password you create to keep track of your application and certification process. The person listed as the Factory Contact is also the person who ultimately receives the Certificate of Compliance.
· After filling out the on-line application, a US$895 annual registration fee is due payable to Worldwide Responsible Apparel Production (WRAP). Payment Information will be sent with an invoice when the applicant registrers online. When WRAP receives payment, a confirmation of payment email will be sent to the factory contact listed in the on-line application. After the factory contact has received a payment confirmation, please proceed to arrange for an inspection of your facility with WRAP accredited monitor.
3. Select a WRAP Accredited Monitor
· Go to www.wrapapparel.org and select a monitor. Arrange an inspection of your facility. Each monitoring firm has its own pricing schedule, so contact them to obtain a price quote. Monitoring fees are payable directly to the audit/monitoring firms.
· Note: Facilities have six months grace period from the date of payment to have a successfully completed audit and have a monitor report and recommendation submitted to WRAP by the auditors. In the event that facilities receive a corrective action (CAP) evaluation from the monitoring firm, facilities must resolve corrective action within the six-month grace period timeframe. If it takes longer than six months for a completed audit and recommendation, facilities are obligated to pay another registration fee of US$895.
4. Confirm with monitor when the report/recommendation was submitted to WRAP.
5. Contact WRAP to confirm report was received or log-into your account and check the status.
6. Board reviews the report
· Once WRAP receives the monitor report and recommendations, the board of directors reviews the report and approves or denies certification. This process normally takes 2-3 weeks after the report is received at WRAP.
7. Approval/Un-announced Follow-up
· Following approval, Certificates of Compliance will be sent by international courier to the Factory Contact/Factory Manager. Please ensure that the address listed for the factory is not a P.O. box or else we will not be able to deliver the certificate by courier and there will be a delay in your receiving the Certificate of Compliance.